Usahay (Sometimes) A Song from my Mama. Papa. Lolo. Lola

Usahay, nagadamgo ako
Nga ikaw ug ako nagkahigumaan
Nganong damguhon ko ikaw
Damguhon ko kanunay sa akong kamingaw

Usahay, nagamahay ako
Nganong nabuhi pa
Nianing kalibutan
Kay nganong gitiawtiawan
Ang guma ko kanimo
Kanimo, da.


Let us try to look at the English translation of this song.  Here it goes…

Sometimes I am dreaming
That you and I love each other
Why are you the one I dream of
Always dream of my loneliness

Sometimes I'm disappointed
Why still live in this world
Why jest about it
My love is for you, only you

That you and I love each other
Always dream of my loneliness
Sometimes I'm disappointed
Why still live in this world

Why jest about it
My love is for you, only you
Why jest about it
My love is for you, only you.


**

Remembering back when I was a little child,  I can always hear this song from my Mother and Father.  They used to sing this all over again.  Honestly,  before,  I cannot define the real meaning of this song to relate it in my life.  Yes,  I actually find it 'boring' and annoying to be heard it from them,  it's an adult song which I totally don't even like to hear.

 Funny,  but as far as I could remember,  I told my Mother that that the song is very old and nothing but a BISAYAN language and not cool.  :)  what was the song is all about,  I mean,  it doesn't fit on my preferences,  but of course,  it was their all time favorite,  even to any old couples out there,  even my Lola and Lolo love to sing it.

Okay,  let me clarify my point.

Today,  I mean,  right in this new generation,  OUR generation,  I can still hear it from someone, even younger from oldest people,  they know how to sing this song already,  and as time goes,  I learn not to act like 'killjoy' by these people who knew this song,  I even tried to realized of singing this when there was no one is trying to listen to me,  and I find cute.  Hahah

To continue my point,  I'm thinking of something,  something that I can somehow help myself from being one of the people to know the tune of the song,  and other than that,  I want to know the real meaning of this song,  if I can relate it to my life,  to my loved one.

I've searched the lyrics of the song,  and in Bisaya,  I find myself funny of reading it,  it turns out that it isn't hard to understand the message of the song,  of course,  literally,  I speak and understand more Bisaya,  so it won't let me hard to analyze the lyrics..  Hahah

I actually find the English translation of this song,  and I still understand better.  Hehe

So,  the song is telling a message from a girl who is very inloved.  "That sometimes,  she dreamed that she and the guy are inloved from each other,  asking herself why does she always dreamed about the guy in times of hwr loneliness.  And there were maybe times she just wanted to die,  and she wanted God to take away her life,  for some reason,  she was'nt good enougj of loving the guy,  because the girl's love to him is only for him. "

So,  after realizing the meaning of the song,  I find it cute to sing it time after time..  Hahah,  and I feel flattered when someone older than me is trying to accompany with me from singing.  I even realized that those songs,  old songs that they used to sing is very ptriarchal, and its just beautiful to sing.  I feel special.  :)

And that's all!! Thanks for reading..

Comments

Post a Comment

Say something...

Popular posts from this blog

Ang Kahalagahan ng Ating Magsasaka sa Bukid - Talumpati

"LABAN LANG!" - A Simple Tagalog Motivation Piece!