Bugas, Noodles ug Sardinas: A Day of Giving Gifts for Juan's Birthday


Indeed, there's no such thing in this world that can ever replace the happiness inside brought to us from these people...

Here's another legacy to share with you all.

I've always wanted to have at least a time of giving, to reach out some isolated places and  the people far away in the City, because aside from loving the nature and the adventure of Mountain Climbing, I would really like to be part of the people's happiness even just in a simplest way I could, a peso can make a difference.


I had a great experience on riding a single motorcycle, a motorcycle for rough roads and off roads, driven by one of the riders from SDA (Seventh-Day Adventist Church) Riders' Ministry, whose role is not limited to find Isolated Areas and logistics for missionaries and gift giving activities. It was my first time riding that type of vehicle, but prior to that, we rode an L300 with goods packed ready for distribution.

The reason why we had this event was because, one of my friends, Mr. Pio (a not-so old friend, an office-mate, a volleyball team mate) was about to celebrate his birthday on December 10, 2019, and it is his principle to celebrate it by giving gifts to isolated places here in Davao Region. Basically, that December 8, 2019 was an advance celebration of his birthday, and during the planning, I asked him to include me on the activity.

Most of his friends are SDAs, but I never thought of being an outsider from his group, I just want to be part of it, regardless of the fact that I'm not one of their religious congregation. 

Going back, and just to sum it up, we ended the day full of happiness after giving 300+ families packs of goods, and I felt crying upon hearing from them that at least that day, they will experience a "one day, three eats" from a "one day, one eat" scenario. During that day, I felt like not leaving the place, but realizing the fact that they seemed to be so happy and smiles were on their faces to close that day was my basis to leave the place so grateful and very happy. And even when I heard them saying the words "Thank you!" was something for me to be thankful with God that I somehow became a blessing for one day for these people.

There's no such thing in this world that can really make me happy inside but to reach our others and be an instrument of their happiness. Right after that event, I realize of doing this again, but this time, it's gonna be during my birthday celebration, I'd like to celebrate it with people whose being left behind. I would like to continue this type of activity wherever my feet lead me.

I would like to thank as well, Mr. Pio Lofranco Jr., my colleague, an officemate, a playmate and a friend, who never forgot to include on his list of participants of the said gift giving, I know my little help has helped a lot, I just think so.. hahaha. But seriously, thank you so much, Sir. Also, thanks to everyone in the Adams Seventh-Day Adventist Church, you guys are such a wonderful creation, you may continue to be a blessing to everyone, I really appreciate you for being so generous. Until the next time around.

God bless!


Sharing random photos...










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Usahay (Sometimes) A Song from my Mama. Papa. Lolo. Lola

Ang Kahalagahan ng Ating Magsasaka sa Bukid - Talumpati

"LABAN LANG!" - A Simple Tagalog Motivation Piece!