The 20th Year of Living

Hi, first and foremost, would wanna say thank you for all the greetings on my Facebook Wall, it's really kind of refreshing, and I felt like I am special to anyone out there..

Uhm yeah, this is my 20th year of living on earth, my 20th year of experiences of such many and different things. Time is just so fast approaching, and yes this is really it!

Well, this article will be all about something that would try to make us realized how beautiful life is, and of course, how did I became still standing and alive.

The last thing I can remember I had my birthday celebration was, when I was 10, we had our own celebration of preparing foods, as far as I can remember, that was my favorite that time, suman, poto, biko and of course who can ever dare to forget pansit in the table, well they said, it symbolizes long life, duh' :) who knows?? heheh

And pansit was trademark like, if we saw this kind of foods in the table, someone is celebrating his/her birthday...:)

At 10, I am already contented with this kind of celebration, my Mom and family always says "as long as we are healthy and we are still breathing, it's enough for me to celebrate my day". Of course, I was a child before, and then the prepared foods on the table was our one time but a longest dinner once a year, ugh' I was happy before of seeing this, and as I tried to eat, it uhhmm, it defines life...hahahah

At this age, we live in a lonely place, the only house with such something like a little bit of bigger land, nayon in Tagalog and bukid  in Cebuano, and even though this was our life, you know, far in markets, cities exposures, we are still happy for what we have that time.

I never think of something big will be happening to us in the future, I didn't ever think that we will be leaving that place soon, until it happened.

At 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, I tell you what..

Since then, we departed from that place, I went to my High School study, we leaved our house there without anyone to just stay in that house to take good care.

When I was in my high school days, my mind is growing, I became matured then, and I realized that life doesn't need to have plenty of foods, presence and anything just for you to be contented with your birthday, when you are breathing, that thing would you must to be thankful with...

Even when there are no foods in the table, as long as we have pansit, it's enough...

On my teenage, I used to just went to church on my birthday, light a candle and give thanks to God, after that, finished. We never had foods anymore, we didn't even remember the birthdates of each other, if this is your day, don't have to shout it out...

When I'm at 19 years of age, I got my own job and provide money of my own, and of course, last year, I just bought ready-to-eat foods, desserts and drinks, (I got my money) and funny to think that it's been 8 years we have not experienced this momentum...

But this is not just all about celebration of my birthday, but this is about how did I lived and still alive right now, my life of course was not about always laying in a bed of roses, the roses I laid was not on it's petals but there are times I came to lay on it's torns on the stem, and it hurts, but I don't want to bury the torns in me, so I tried to get into it's petals and leaves, until I laid them...

My 20 years of existence is not a joke nowadays, somebody died early like my age because of so much of vices, alcohol, cigarettes, diseases and etc, but look at me now, I am fresh, hahah, @ 20, Im still virgin...hahaha, @ 20 I don't smoke and @ 20, I'm still single, wooohh... but @ 20, I still have my God...:)

My 20 years of existence tells me I can do a lot of things and more, I can still be more enthusiast, be more faithful and stronger than ever, I passed God's tests, so how about today...

It was a meaningful life indeed, and I can't say it one by one, I may just make a story book if I do...

So to somebody out there, cheer up, it's not about gadgets as your gift, it's not about money, but it's about you who is still living and breathing, consider it as a BIG GIFT from Above... you the money, material things, barkada, foods and enything, they are just your additional presence on your birthday...

Thank God I'm alive!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Usahay (Sometimes) A Song from my Mama. Papa. Lolo. Lola

Ang Kahalagahan ng Ating Magsasaka sa Bukid - Talumpati

"LABAN LANG!" - A Simple Tagalog Motivation Piece!